Volume XLVII August 2008 No. 2
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2008 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- President's Report, Part I, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Make A Big Difference A Little at a Time -- Join the Monthly Monetary Support Program, by Melanie Brunson
- Announcing the Press Release Handbook for ACB Affiliates and Chapters, by Ronald E. Milliman
- Auction 2008 A Spectacular Success!
- Board Tackles Leases, Travel Agency, Financial Matters in June Meetings, by Ken Stewart
- An Open Letter to Adult Blind Children and Their Parents, by Rebecca Kragnes
- Swimming Up the Mainstream, by DeAnna Noriega
- Sounds of Sight, by Doug Van Winkle
- Accessible Audio Device for the Blind: The Victor Reader Stream, by Michael Geno
- High Tech Swap Shop
- High Partial, by Netagene Kirkpatrick
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.