Volume LVI February 2018 No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- We Need Your Voices to Present Our Message to Congress, by Tony Stephens
- Lots to See and Do in The Show Me State, by Janet Dickelman
- Fireworks, Celebration, and the Red, White and Blue, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Diversity Enriches Our Society, by Larry P. Johnson
- Navajo Teacher Develops Braille System to Help Visually Impaired Read Tribal Language, by Noel Lyn Smith
- Fresno Chapter Tests UniDescription App in Yosemite National Park, by Jamie Gibson-Barrows
- Membership Focus: How to Market Your Affiliate, by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio, the place to be with people in the know! www.acbradio.org
Got talent? Tell us about you: firstname.lastname@example.org.